Specialist Cars – Umesh Samani.
We take your privacy very seriously, and take many steps to protect any personal information we may hold as a result of our interaction with you.
This website is operated by Umesh Samani, Specialist Cars whose registered office is at Specialist Cars Elder Road Cobridge STOKE-ON-TRENT Staffordshire ST6 2BU.
Specialist Cars, and our associated companies and labels respect the security and privacy concerns of users of this and all the website’s we operate and/or control. Personal information collected through this website will be controlled by Specialist Cars. Specialist Cars is notified under the Data Protection Act 1998.
There may be circumstance where personal information is required to be collected such as for the access to certain areas of our website or to enquire further about a vehicle which may be listed on this Website.
Signing up / Account Set Up
This website may give you the opportunity to sign up to receive the email newsletter and sometimes you will need to sign up (or sign in where you have already signed up) before you can access certain areas of the website.
Where you have signed up to receive information from us the details you give us may also be used to notify you about future services and information or related products and services which may be of interest to you.
Where you have provided information for the purposes of enquiring about a vehicle listed on this website, we will use this information to communicate with you about the vehicle, products, services or any promotional offers available.
We may use your information to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of this website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
By signing up to the website you are signing up to receive the mailings we send about general motoring news, helpful hints and tips including the newsletter through this website.
We may send you mailings from time to time relating to updates of both our online and offline vehicle databases.
Sharing of Information
Our Use Of Information
The information collected is used to provide users with the products or services they have requested, to provide information on the relevant Vehicle, to customise the user’s online experience and to improve the content of the website and the vehicles and services which are available through this website. Other uses of this information include the internal review of the web pages visited, tracking the progress and number of entries in promotions and contests, tracking the number of users of the site and where appropriate, product purchased through the site.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving marketing information just reply to the e-mail address at the bottom of each e-mail you receive. Alternatively you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you would like us to do.
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on your computer’s hard drive. It may be stored and updated at various times as you access the website. Each time you visit the website, the server may deliver certain customised information to your computer based on the data stored in your cookie. This allows Specialist Cars to tailor the service to your preferences, including by way of example only recommending products to you.
You are not obliged to accept a cookie and you may modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. If, however, you do not want to accept cookies please use the help tools provided with your internet browser to find out how to achieve this.
Where do the cookies come from?
- The software that runs this site may transfer a temporary cookie so it can keep track of what it’s doing. As it’s temporary it maybe deleted when you leave here.
- So that we can measure the popularity of vehicle listings, where people come from and other general statistics, we use Google Analytic’s. It may store cookies to track new and repeat visitors. It does not have any detail on who you are.
- We use an online chat system on this website which allows our visitors to contact our office (during office hours) to enquire further about any of the vehicles we currently have in stock. Our online chat system uses a cookie to store details of you (the visitor) and your location. We do not use this information for any purpose other than to establish that you are a customer and that you wish to make an enquiry.
- Cookies used on this site do not contain any personal information.
- Any information collected is anonymous and generalised.
- This site will not sell any email addresses and names to any third party
- Any email addresses/names left in comments or mentioned in emails sent to me will be kept private and not sold to anyone
- Your privacy is respected at all times
If you wish to know how to remove cookies then AboutCookies.org should be of help.
As this site uses advertising and software that was created by another person or company, the usage of cookies is beyond our control and we may not be able to ask your permission.
Advertising on this Website
Specialist Cars does not have access to or any control over these technologies and their use. Please refer to the privacy policies of these advertisers for information about on these technologies and how any information you provide through the advertising may be used.
Specialist Cars may ‘personalise’ the advertising displayed on this website based on this information you provide to us. If you do not want us to personalise the advertising during your sessions on this website please email email@example.com
Opting Out / Amending your Details
If at any time you wish to amend your preferences including unsubscribing from any of the mailings or withdrawing your consent to you us contacting you for research or about other products or services just reply to the e-mail address at the bottom of each email you receive. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you would like us to do
If you would like to update or amend the personal details you have provided to us please email us at email@example.com
Forwarding Web Pages
If we provide you with the opportunity to email a web page to another person, we will need to collect your email address and the email address of those to whom you send the page. We will use the email addresses collected this way for no other purpose except to send the web page, and the addresses will be deleted once the page has been sent unless you have opted in to receive information and promotions from us as set out above using the same email address, in which case we will retain your email address for this purpose unless and until you notify us that you wish to stop receiving information.
Website and Links to External Website’s
We may incorporate links to website’s not owned or controlled by Specialist Cars including through advertising featured on this website.
Specialist Cars is not responsible for the content of any external website’s and is not responsible for the data collection practices of any external website.
Whenever we obtain your personal information we take reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access or disclosure, but we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted over the internet. We accept no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or missions beyond our reasonable control.
Information we may collect
Information we may collect about you includes your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including email and phone numbers), vehicle details, purchase history and data collected as part of any finance application or payment. This information is referred to as personal information.
Several different methods by which we may collect your personal information include:
- Information collected through forms completed both in our dealerships or on our Website.
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive one of our vehicles.
- When you enquire or purchase goods/services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and process your purchase.
- Information of transactions you have processed with us including services and purchases of vehicles and other goods.
- CCTV footage of yourself on our premises.
- Information contained in and records of communication between us including emails, text messages, letters and recorded phone calls.
- Records of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, IP address and the resources that you access.
- Your marketing preferences:
- We also gather information to enable third parties to carry our credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will have and process information about the result of those checks to complete your purchase.
- We will collect information relevant to the insurance products that we sell that are provided by third parties.
Processing personal information
We use your personal information in relation to our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to your query regarding the possible purchase of goods or services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract between you and us including the purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to query from you regarding those such contract.
- To manage and administer the relationship between you and us.
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us.
- To provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
- To provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you.
Our lawful basis for processing personal data
At Umesh Samani Specialist Cars we may lawfully process your personal data under one of three options:
- 6 (1) (a) Consent: In circumstances where you have provided us with a freely given, informed and specific choice to allow Umesh Samani Specialist Cars to process your data, consent will be the lawful basis under which we process your data.
- 6 (1) (b) Contract: If you have entered or are in the process of entering into a contract with Umesh Samani Specialist Cars, your personal data may be processed if it is necessary for performance of the contract or is in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- 6 (1) (f) Legitimate interest: If you have completed or negotiated a sale with Umesh Samani Specialist Cars, you may have your personal data processed for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Umesh Samani Specialist Cars or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data. o To balance your fundamental rights and freedoms with Umesh Samani Specialist Cars’s commercial interests, you will be informed that you may receive marketing communications for similar products and services at the point enquiry or purchase and will be given the ability to opt-out of further processing at any subsequent point in the relationship by visiting www.autochange.co.uk
- You may also call one of Umesh Samani Specialist Cars’s dealerships or contact our Data Protection Officer who will complete the on line opt-out for you.
Sharing Personal Data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- To third parties that provide services to us such as marketing activities.
- To external organisations for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and criminal activities.
- To third party finance companies for the purposes of them providing you with finance. These organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- To third party providers of insurance products if you take up the option of purchasing one of those products.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicles and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
- We may contact you as advised by our suppliers (a full listing can be found via the link at the foot of this notice) to ensure the ongoing safety and care of your vehicle and any policies are maintained, and the replacement of your vehicle and car care related products.
We will register your vehicle keeper details and will cross check your data with DVLA to ensure accurate and timely communications can be made.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have several rights available to you in respect of your personal information. These are the rights to:
- Request copies of your data.
- Rectification of your data.
- Erasure of your data.
- Object to us or restrict the processing of your data.
- Where our systems allow, give electronic access to copies of your data in a digital format.
Except as required by law, we will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose for which you have not given us your consent or have requested to no longer be communicated to on a legitimate interest basis. If you object or ask to restrict the processing of your data, you agree that despite this we may continue to use the personal information previously provided to us to the extent that we are contractually obligated to do so and to the extent necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have, for example a finance agreement.
To learn more or to exercise any of these rights you can contact our Data Protection Officer whose contact details are provided at the bottom of this page.
We retain your personal information for seven years from the point of purchasing a vehicle from us, or two years from the point of last communication. We take steps to ensure any business we work with has security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored securely. The security of your data is paramount. Documentation can be supplied on request from our Data Protection Officer, details of whom can be found below.
Umesh Samani Specialist Cars reserves the right to update or amend this data privacy notice in line with customer feedback or updates in legislation and it will be published at www.autochange.co.uk
A full listing of our manufacturers and nominated suppliers, who we may share information with, together with the various sources (e.g. service plan and vehicle health check data) can be found at the foot of this notice.
Data Protection Officer:
Name: Umesh Samani
Address: Umesh Samani Specialist Cars, Elder Road, Cobridge, Stoke on Trent.ST6 2BU
If we are unable to resolve any issues you raise within 30 days you have you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office @ https://ico.org.uk/concerns.